BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Reboot my ReBoot!

My childhood was marked by many awesome cartoons. Even to this day, some fo these cartoons are returning, either as a new series or as movies, and the younger generation have little to no idea where these great movies and cartoons come from.

One cartoon particularly caught my attention when I was a young teen, and was basically the pre-cursor of today's 3D animated cartoon series (note I didn't say movies), and that tv show was none other than Mainframe's acclaimed series: ReBoot. A few weeks ago, I happened on Season 3 of the tv series on Teletoon Retro and was amazed as how good it still was. Sure, Season 1 was pretty silly, but Season 2 started to add a major back story that ended in a cliffhanger that had everyone on the edge of their seat. Then Season 3 was handed to us on a silver plate and many, many surprises, with a rich and sometimes dark story and renewed animation.

Following the "lives" of the sprites that live inside your computer, ReBoot was pretty original in itself, creating a whole world us, users, wouldn't think exist within the machine we take for granted. The series lasted from 1994 until 2002. While Season 1 to 3 are still considered classics, many fans were not too happy with the later Season. There was never a conclusion, and the story came to an abrupt stop. Since then, fans (myself included) have always wanted either a conclusion or a "reboot". Now their wish may have been granted.

While Mainframe is no more, RainMaker is the company which took over the rights. In 2009, a single teaser was released, causing quite a stir among the Reboot fanbase.

2010 was the year ReBoot was getting.... a Reboot! Sadly, 2011 is here and no news. What could have happened? Some speculate RainMaker were looking to make a few bucks with a brand new ReBoot dvd collection and made claims of new ReBoot episodes for sales. Others believe it IS coming, but no news on when.

I'm hopeful I suppose, although the fans have been irritated with RainMaker not wanting to hear from them or respond to them. So who knows?

I'm eager for more ReBoot. It may not be exactly like my sweet, sweet memories, but I can never get enough of Bob and his gang.

See ya next time!    
REBOOT!

0 comments: